Re: ?? ORACLE CONSULTANT SALARIES??

From: Andy Yun <ayun_at_amgen.com>
Date: 1995/10/02

Catharine and any other interested parties,

There are many agencies that specialize in Oracle contracts. Pay range from them can range widely. You should look around if you plan to go through one of those agencies. They can be great if you don't want any headaches associated with marketing yourself. However, do look into finding work and setting up contracts yourself. The rewards can be significant. Of course, you will have the headache of finding contracts for your next assignment towards the end of your current assignment; however, you may receive upto 30% over what you may get through the contracting agencies. It all matters on your preference.

I went through what you are going through not too long ago and now I am successfully operating an Oracle consulting company. I have a network of independent consultants that I work with on a regular basis and sometimes I find work for them and sometimes, reversely, they find work for me. The arrangement is similar to that of contracting agency; however, receiving or getting rates of $90 or $100 isn't unusual for experienced Oracle consultants.

Andy Yun			(Work) 805-447-1791
Senior Consultant		(Home) 818-227-4949
InfoSys Corporation		(Fax)  818-227-4948
Woodland Hills, CA		(Email) ayun_at_amgen.com