Re: Documenting Forms

From: anthony <anthony_at_sisko.dnaco.net>
Date: 1995/10/02

Rene Hoekstra (Rene.Hoekstra_at_rivm.nl) wrote:
: Hi there,

: Does anyone know any tool(s) to document Forms4.5 forms ?

: Thanx in advance,
: Rene.

        The Forms Designer version 4.5 should be able to document forms all by itself. Select File -> Administration -> Forms Doc. It should produce a file with the same name as your form, but with the .txt extention. I think that it places it in your forms45 home directory, but if you can't find it there, just search your hard drive. For example, if I am working on test.fmb and document it, it'll create a test.txt file.

        Be aware of this feature though. The file is large. If you print it out, have LOTS of paper available. What I tend to use it for is looking for a trigger by a certain name by searching the the text file with a good text editor. Also, some of the older versions of Forms 4.5 will leave out big sections of the form when creating a doc for it.

				Hope this helps.
				Anthony