Re: PO7WIN95 - Has Anyone Installed The Download Version?

From: Jgreene <jgreene_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/09/30

kenz_at_cts.com (Z) wrotes:

> We've tried everything. The Oracle Godess is in pre-mature PMS! We >
 downloaded the Win95 PO7
> and can't install the damn thing! Any Help? Thanks.

Did you use the unzipping option that puts the software in the correct directories? It was hiding in that little batch file that is listed right under the download option for the PO7 Win 95 beta. If you (and I) do not use that option, then you do not download things into the directories that Oracle demands for the installation to progress. After I changed this, everything (except for SQL*Net TCP/IP and the Microsoft Win 95 TCP/IP stack to ODBC) worked. I wish I remembered whether the option was -d or what, but you can get it in a few seconds off of the Web page. Hope this helps. Received on Sat Sep 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message