Re: Oracle7 for Win NT auto startup

From: sonny <sonny_at_i-link.net>
Date: 1995/09/30

rek_at_cas-ps.com (Reinhard Kuhn) wrote:

How do I get Oracle to automatically start when NT starts up?

<SNIP>

>Theoretically there are tree ways to auto startup Oracle on WinNT.
>
>1.) using the SYSTEM entry in
> hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/windowsnt/currentversion/winlogon
> to run a batch file during system initialisation
> This should work - however the batchfile is run with local-system-privilege
> so you have to ensure that you have all paths and permissions you need.
> [I didn't try this out]

This works for me. Permissions are not a problem since oracle is on fat disk.

I tried this, and it also works, its also available at http://coyote.csusm.edu/cwis/winworld/nt.html

--
sonny parafina <sonny.parafina_at_access.texas.gov>
Solid Waste Services