Oracle*Report printing special characters

From: Bernard Drolet <Bernard.Drolet_at_dmr.ca>
Date: 1995/09/29

I wrote a report using Oracle*Report 2.0.

That report is bilingual, depending on the customer, it will be printed in English or in French, and that's where the fun begins!

I created the report under Windows. When I run it from Windows, everything goes fine, the accented characters are printed correctly.

But the report will be used in batch process under Unix. Under Unix, the accents just disapeared. I tried to set NLS_LANG to FRENCH or to FRENCH_CANADIAN, the accented characters are used, but then the output result is wrong.

Does anybody run into that problem?

Bernard Drolet

DMR Group
Montreal, Quebec, Canada Received on Fri Sep 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message