Re: How can I limit # of CONCUR users with same uid/pwd?

From: Vince Cross <vcross_at_bnr.ca>
Date: 1995/09/29

In article <44euvc$rlj_at_isis.fiu.edu>, Eddie Hernandez <ejuan01_at_solix.fiu.edu> wrote:
>I would like to limit the number of session created using the same
>userid/password (Except for the SYSTEM login for admin purposes.).
>In other words lets say my UID=eddie and PWD=hello,
>then only one eddie/hello can be logged into ORACLE at a time. Any other
>logins using the same UID/PWD would generate an error.
>
>I did set the LICENSE_MAX_SESSIONS but this only limits the number of
>different UID/PWD sessions. I was able to login as myself more than the
>LICENSE_MAX_SESSIONS value permits. I also do not want to mess with
>PROCESSES since this would limit my connections using Database tools as
>SYSTEM.

Create a profile and assign it to the users.

SQL> CREATE PROFILE pig_user LIMIT SESSIONS_PER_USER 1;

SQL> ALTER USER xxx PROFILE pig_user;

This assumes you have Oracle V7. If not, all bets are off.

Vince

--
* disclaimer - My views respresent NT/BNR in every way, NOT!
NOTE - my real email address is bartok_at_bnr.ca, NOT vcross_at_bnr.ca