Re: How can I limit # of CONCUR users with same uid/pwd?

From: Mike Morgan <mike.morgan_at_teldta.com>
Date: 1995/09/29

ejuan01_at_solix.fiu.edu (Eddie Hernandez) wrote:
>I would like to limit the number of session created using the same
>userid/password (Except for the SYSTEM login for admin purposes.).
>In other words lets say my UID=eddie and PWD=hello,
>then only one eddie/hello can be logged into ORACLE at a time. Any other
>logins using the same UID/PWD would generate an error.
>
>I did set the LICENSE_MAX_SESSIONS but this only limits the number of
>different UID/PWD sessions. I was able to login as myself more than the
>LICENSE_MAX_SESSIONS value permits. I also do not want to mess with
>PROCESSES since this would limit my connections using Database tools as
>SYSTEM.
>
>Any help would be appreciated, thanks,

>Eddie Hernandez North Broward Hospital District
>Programmer/Oracle DBA 1608 SE 3rd Avenue
>hernb0_at_nbhd.org Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316

You can modify the DEFAULT PROFILE setting SESSIONS_PER_USER to 1. If you do this, be sure that SYS, SYSTEM and any other DBA-privileged users you have do not use the DEFAULT PROFILE.

--

Mike Morgan
Technology Integration Services - Unix DBA

email: mike.morgan_at_teldta.com

TDS Computing Services
301 S. Westfield Road
Madison, WI 53705  USA
(608)845-4661

"Murphy's Law of computing:  Anything that can go wrSegmentation
fault(coredump)"