Re: Question about tables and tablespaces

From: Thomas J Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/09/29

chichou_at_xanadu wrote:

>Hi,

>I have several questions:
> 1. Is there a way that I can tell what tablespace a table is on?

select tablespace_name
from all_tables
where table_name = 'YOUR TABLENAME'
  and owner = 'OWNER OF THE TABLE'
/

> 2. How can I know what tables in a specific tablespace?

select owner, table_name
from all_tables
where tablespace_name = 'YOUR TABLESPACE NAME' /

> 3. How can I let the redo log file online for a tablespace
> when I startup the database server?

I am assuming you mean rollback segments and not redo log files (redo log files are 'online' automagically once you add them to the database). To get your rollback segments online put in you init.ora file:

rollback_segments = (r01,r02,r03,r04)

Where r01, r02, r03, r04 would be replaced with a list of YOUR rollback segment names.

> 4. Are there any pre-defined stored procedures that I can query
> the tablespace or server information?

Check out appendix B of the Server Admin Guide for a list of the USER_* views, ALL_* views, and DBA_* views.

USER_* views describe your objects
ALL_* views describe all objects you have access to DBA_* views add yet more information (and a couple more views) to the above for DBAs

>Thanks a lot!

>- Danny

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government Received on Fri Sep 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message