Re: forms 4.5 commit without form change

From: <Rick>
Date: 1995/09/29

Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
Subject: Re: forms 4.5 commit without form change

In article <441jde$buc_at_ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>, shelleyp_at_ix.netcom.com (Shelley

Powers) writes:

>I have a forms 4.5 application that I need to commit embedded SQL
>in, but that the blocks within the form do not have any changes.
>I keep getting the 'no changes to commit' message box, though
>the changes are being committed.
>
>Can someone out there tell me how to turn off this
>message box?
>
>Many thanks
>
>Shelley

Instead of doing

commit;

do

forms_ddl('commit');

This will commit outstanding changes without going through Forms processing. Basically, Forms is unaware of database changes that aren't done automatically by Forms (this is a simplification--you *can* force it to recognize changes by using the SET_RECORD_PROPERTY procedure).

Rick Received on Fri Sep 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message