Re: ** Barcodes using ReportWriter 2.0? **

From: Kevin Muhm <kmuhm>
Date: 1995/09/28

I have been printing bar codes using SQL*Forms 3.0 for about a year now. What I do is use a user exit to pass the forms varibles to a C program which bulids up an ASCII version of the data that I wnat to barcode. Then I invoke another C program which takes that ASCII file and concatenates a psotscipt code 39 barcode font file and instruction file and pipes it all to a laser printer which we keep stocked with label paper. When I migrated this to Forms 4.5/Reports 2.5, I junked all of the user exit code and just used a code 39 Windows font in Reports. I had to do some searching until I found the Windows barcode font, but you could probably find one for UNIX without too much trouble if you are running Forms/Reports 2.0 under UNIX. Received on Thu Sep 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message