Re: SQL*Net move from 7.0.12 to 7.1.6

From: Paul Berger <pberger_at_nic.wat.hookup.net>
Date: 1995/09/28

In article <DFKCv9.HGD_at_intruder.daytonoh.attgis.com>, Jim Gregory <jim.gregory_at_DaytonOH.attgis.com> wrote:

>To verify SNV1.x is running, run "tcpctl stat" to get a status of orasrv. If
>it's not running then start orasrv up with "tcpctl start". To verify you can
>connect, simply try
> sqlplus scott/tiger_at_<connect string>

>HTH
>Jim Gregory
>

>>>We are running Oracle 7.0.12 with SQL*net on UnixWare 1.1.2. We were
>>>successfully connected to an HP UX running Oracle 7.0.12. They upgraded
>>>the Oracel on the HP to 7.1.6 and now we cannot connect to the HP using V1
>>>of SQL*Net. V2 of SQL*Net works ok. We have several applications that
>>>cannot use V2.
>>>
>>>Anyone have any ideas what to check on the HP to verify V1 SQL*Net is
>>>running and how to verify the connection can be established OK?
>>>
>>>Greg Little
>>>gxl!attmail!ncsc5.att.com

Just for your information. If you are using 7.1.x on an HP-UX 10.x OS SQL*Net v1 running SPX is NOT supported nor available. You will not be able to get your Dos based applications to work. Oracle is moving you to SQL*Net v2 by hook or by crook within the Unix environment. Practically you will have to look at migrating your Dos based applications to a SQL*Net v2 compliant platform...(read) Windoz!

PB
Berger Software Received on Thu Sep 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message