Re: SQL*Net move from 7.0.12 to 7.1.6

From: Jim Gregory <jim.gregory_at_DaytonOH.attgis.com>
Date: 1995/09/27

To verify SNV1.x is running, run "tcpctl stat" to get a status of orasrv. If it's not running then start orasrv up with "tcpctl start". To verify you can connect, simply try

        sqlplus scott/tiger_at_<connect string>

HTH
Jim Gregory

>>==========Littlegj, 9/26/95==========
>>
>>We are running Oracle 7.0.12 with SQL*net on UnixWare 1.1.2. We were
>>successfully connected to an HP UX running Oracle 7.0.12. They upgraded
>>the Oracel on the HP to 7.1.6 and now we cannot connect to the HP using V1
>>of SQL*Net. V2 of SQL*Net works ok. We have several applications that
>>cannot use V2.
>>
>>Anyone have any ideas what to check on the HP to verify V1 SQL*Net is
>>running and how to verify the connection can be established OK?
>>
>>Greg Little
>>gxl!attmail!ncsc5.att.com

Views and opinions expressed are mine and do not reflect my empoyer's or client's. Received on Wed Sep 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message