Re: Export / Import

From: Mani Maran <mmaran01_at_csd.eds.com>
Date: 1995/09/26

Here are the steps to follow to import data from v7 to v6.

Make sure, you have catexp6.sql and catalog6.sql in your oracle7 database. Use oracle6 export utility to export from v7 database. This can be either over the network by exp <user_name/password>_at_T:<hostname>:<sid> , where hostname is the name of the oracle7 host or copy the oracle6 exp binary into oracle7 box, if you don't have network connectivity between v7 and v6 machine.( i don't know about the legal issues of copying v6 export on to v7 box). Then import the data into v6, it should work. Works for me between two unix boxes.

Good Luck.

---
Mani Maran                                       EDS Consulatnt
Voice: 214-828-7572
Commercial Services Division, Southland Account  Dallas, Texas 75... USA
"Opinions expressed herein are not necessarily supported by my employer."