Re: Oracle Hung during Shutdown

From: troy trimble <troyt_at_csdc02.orl.mmc.com>
Date: 1995/09/26

In article ecj_at_tcsi.tcs.com, Sundar Raghavan <sundar_at_tcs.com> writes:
>This happened a few times at our site. The "reason" seems to be
>user connections that are alive even after a DBA/Sys Admin threat
>to shutdown the machine. If you come across any other reason,
>please post it to the group.
>
>thanks
>sundar

If you do a normal shutdown, it will wait for clients to exit before shutting down the database. If you perform an immediate shutdown (use only if necessary) will immediately disconnect all clients and shut down the database.

Later,
TT Received on Tue Sep 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message