Re: Who is connected?

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/09/25

In article <441b1l$f8u_at_pcnet2.pcnet.net>

           paulb_at_pcnet.com "Paul Baumgartel" writes:

> In my shutdown scripts, I do a shutdown abort. Then I restart the database in
> restricted mode, with a special init.ora that limits the number of processes to
> just
> enough for the instance to support a single login (internal) that does the
> startup followed immediately by another shutdown, "normal" this time to ensure
> that
> the database files are closed in a consistent state.

Paul,

I'm confused - surely if you've just aborted a database instance it's too late to go back and shut it down nicely?

I'm probably very wrong - I'm new to Oracle!

Andy

--
Andy Hardy (Internet: aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk, CIS: 100015,2603)
PGP key available on request