File descriptor for Xt and DBMS_PIPE

From: E. Scott Stricker <stricsc_at_gdss.grumman.com>
Date: 1995/09/25

I'm using the dbms_pipe package to send messages between applications with Oracle V7 on a Sun. Is there a way to get a file descriptor for an oracle pipe so that I can register an Xt I/O callback with XtAppAddInput.

I'm pretty sure such a thing exists, because if I'm executing in the debugger and my application is hung on a dbms_pipe.receive_message, I know that is waiting on a read.

I'd like the callback to be invoked whenever there is data on the pipe so that the callback can execute an oracle procedure to retrieve the data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Scott Stricker - stricsc_at_gdss.grumman.com
7600 Boston Blvd.