Which C compiler for Oracle 7.1.6 on HP?

From: P W Maker Deverill P <deverill2_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: 1995/09/24

I'm doing an install of Oracle onto an HP 9000 with HP/UX v9.04. The Oracle docs say I need C compiler A.09.69 or above, and the ANSI compiler for an install onto HP/UX v10. However, I believe A.09.69 *is* the ANSI compiler! Have Oracle got it wrong?

I've spoken to Oracle UK Tech support, who contradict their own manuals by saying you don't need the ANSI compiler for the Oracle install, but my customer is also going to be using Developer/2000 (when released) on it, and I'll bet an ANSI compiler of some sort *will* be necessary.

Help!

Pierre Received on Sun Sep 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message