Re: Who is connected?

From: Paul Baumgartel <paulb_at_pcnet.com>
Date: 1995/09/23

Sure. At the start of your shutdown script, spool output of the following query to a file:

select username, sid, serial$ from v$session where username is not null;

In my shutdown scripts, I do a shutdown abort. Then I restart the database in restricted mode, with a special init.ora that limits the number of processes to just enough for the instance to support a single login (internal) that does the startup followed immediately by another shutdown, "normal" this time to ensure that the database files are closed in a consistent state. You may have to experiment a little to find out how many processes to specify in the file; you need one for each DBMS background process running for the instance, and one or two more (I'm not at work now so I forget the exact number). Then you can inspect the spooled file to see who was connected. In my experience, though, you can tell people until you're blue in the fact to log off at the end of the day, but you can almost never get full compliance. Thus the approach above. Received on Sat Sep 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message