Help: Tablespace full after creating 2 tables and no records.

From: Steve Perry <dpsmp_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/09/23

I created 2 tables in a tablespace (I created) that's 10 meg. When I try and create the indexes and primary keys, I get a message that Oracle couldn't extend the temp segments. I get a list of the segements on the tablespace and it shows both tables with only 1 extent of 10K (initial) and at the bottom a segement named sys-0307... that is the max size of the tablespace. I tried dropping it just to see what would happen and the message returned says that it's used to maintain the unique indexes. What's going on??? I thought I could put as many tables on a tablespace as I wanted as long as the data in them didn't max out the space? I'm putting storage clauses on them so it should hold 15 or so tables, am I missing something???
This version of Oracle is the Workgroup Server for NT, NTAS 3.1,the file system is NTFS.
I hope someone can help with this or get me pointed in the right direction.

Steve Received on Sat Sep 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message