Re: Rebuild of an Index on a Key

From: Saad Ahmad <sahmad_at_mfa.com>
Date: 1995/09/22

Doug Anderson (dganderso_at_figmnt.tayloru.edu) wrote:
> Please tell me how one goes about rebuilding an index which is used for
> the primary key. I was going to drop the index and re-create it with the
> correct size for the extent. This is what happened when I tried the 'drop'.
> DROP INDEX PK_TEST
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-02429: cannot drop index used for enforcement of unique/primary key

Did u create it inside create table command ...

do alter table .... drop primary key;

*                          Saad Ahmad                        *
*                          McHugh Freeman & Associates, Inc. *
*                          Ph:  (414) 798-8606 Ext. 457      *
*                          Fax: (414) 798-8619               *
*                          E-Mail: sahmad_at_mfa.com            *