Error in identifying control file

From: Ge van Geldorp <ge_at_dutlru.tudelft.nl>
Date: 1995/09/21

Hello,

We shipped over a copy of our (Oracle 6.0.36) database to another company. All control files, database files etc. were included. They are running the exact same version of Oracle. When they try to startup the database, they receive an error message "ORA-00205 Error in identifying control file ?/dbs/cntrl_at_.dbf". Now, ORACLE_HOME is set correctly, ORACLE_SID is set correctly and $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/cntrl$ORACLE_SID.dbf exists and is readable by oracle.
When init.ora is changed to include an explicit path to the control file (CONTROL_FILES = ....), it still doesn't work, only the control file name in the error message is replaced by the full path. Any ideas please?

Ge van Geldorp Received on Thu Sep 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message