Tools on DOS talking to Oracle V7 for OS/2 using NetBIOS?

From: Alan Anderson <aranders_at_kosepc01.delcoelect.com>
Date: 1995/09/21

We've got an Oracle V6 server running on Microsoft OS/2 1.3, using the Microsoft LAN Manager NetBIOS protocol for OS/2. We have clients running on MS-DOS 5.0, using the Microsoft LAN Manager NetBIOS protocol for DOS. This works just fine. Unfortunately, we can't obtain MS OS/2 1.3 for a new installation, so we must change our server platform.

We want to move to an Oracle V7 server running on IBM OS/2 Warp 3.0, using the NetBIOS protocol from IBM Lan Server. We're not having any luck getting the clients to connect, either with the existing Microsoft LAN Manager NetBIOS or with a new IBM LAN Server NetBIOS. We can get a "loopback" NetBIOS connection from a client on the same machine as the server process, but we can't connect across the network.

Oracle technical support hasn't been much help so far. Does anyone have some insights into what we're trying to do?

  • === === === = = = === === === === = = === = = = === = = === = # Alan Anderson # Ignorance can be fixed, but stupidity is permanent. # (I do not speak for Delco Electronics, and DE does not speak for me.)