Any suggestions for Oracle anomalie?

From: Peter Chandler <peterc_at_melb.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
Date: 1995/09/21

When performing a select count(*) on a table via a database link, the target table always returns a value of 0. I can describe the table, select count(*) on any column and select * on the table which all respond as normal.

I know these tables are populated ( as indicated but the three test methods above) and am purely intrigued as to why Oracle would behave in such a manner.

I am running the query from a V6.0.30 instance to a V7.0.16 instance. The tables reside on a V7.1.4 instance and so are passed via the V7.0.16 database using views.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Pete.
peterc_at_melb.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au Received on Thu Sep 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message