Re: Can Oracle Forms Abort a Query?

From: Craig Harper <caharper_at_hooked.net>
Date: 1995/09/21

huizinga.peter_at_syncrude.com wrote:

>We are looking at Oracle Forms 4.5
> and are using SQL*Net 1.2.
> We would like to abort a Query already in process.
>
>Marketing says this can be done by adding
> CONTROL_BREAK=ON
> to the Orcale.ini, or by using SQL*Net 2.x.
>
>We can't get it to work.
>
>Am I being lead down the garden path by the Inventors of Vapourware?

Peter,

Have you looked at the ABORT_QUERY built-in. Check the Forms 4.5 Ref Manual Vol 1, Pg 3-17 for a complete discription. I can teel you that I have been able to use it with some reliablity. You could also issue a do_key('cancel_query').

Hope this helps. If you have a chance perhaps you could look at some of the questions that I posted the other day and offer some suggestions.

Craig Harper
IFTN Received on Thu Sep 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message