Re: Oracle6 ODBC Driver

From: Bill Meahan <wmeahan_at_ford.com>
Date: 1995/09/21

mcarpentier_at_techgnosis.com (Michiel Carpentier) wrote:
>In article <43jvph$r3m_at_mailserv.ntrust.org.uk>, Rick <Chruszcz> wrote:
>
>> Has anybody out there got an Oracle6 ODBC driver for Windows
>> 3.x. My organisation is finally moving into the 90's and going
>> client/server. However, for the moment we are still on Oracle
>> 6 and the Oracle7 ODBC driver doesn't appear to work.

[long sales pitch deleted]

Or, you can look around your office and see if anybody has Excel 4.0 or 5.0 which include an Oracle 6 ODBC driver for the supplied query applications (Q+E or MS Query). You can also get

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/pub/Softlib/MSLFILES/ora110.exe

which is a decent (if not outstanding) Oracle 6 ODBC driver.

You'll still need SQL*Net for Windows, but you knew that already.

--
Bill Meahan  wmeahan_at_ford.com
Ford Motor Company -- End User Support - North America