Re: GPFs in Developer/2000 - Component Integration

From: John Bornholt <bornholt_at_isluk.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/09/21

In article <43d11i$rc5_at_oberon.iis.com.br>

           piragibe_at_iis.com.br "Francisco Piragibe" writes:

> Unfortunately, I'm forced to come back to this matter again. I've tried a
> very simple integrated use of ORACLE FORMS and ORACLE GRAPHICS - a call
> to ORACLE GRAPHICS from ORACLE FORMS, with parameter passing, to
> execute a query and plot a pie chart on a chart data item - and lots of
> GPFs have shown up again. I've noticed that:
>
> - If the ORACLE GRAPHICS query has a subquery, it GPFs almost
> immediately, without plotting anything (either in batch or in runtime
> mode);
>
> - if not, it plots the chart correctly after the first call but, if a
> second call is made with different values for any of the parameters, a
> GPF happens.
>
> If someone there has some insight on this problem, please tell me.

You could simply stop using Oracle Graphics and you would be way ahead on a number of fronts. I have used Grafsman from a company called Soft-tek in Kansas, USA. It does graphs SO MUCH better than the Oracle products and you do not have to worry about version incompatabilities.

--
John Bornholt
bornholt_at_isluk.demon.co.uk