Re: Defragmenting the SYSTEM tablespace

From: MacVince <macvince_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/09/21

You would need to do a full DB export, re-create the database with appropriate storage definition for the system tables and import. This get's a bit tricky because you would need to modify the SQL scripts used to generate the system tables. I don't have all of my notes on this process here, but I have needed to do this for very specific installations, particularly where a large number of tables (e.g. Oracle Financials) exist.

Call me at 612.593.1122 and we can discuss.

Vince Germscheid
Senior Consultant
CSC Received on Thu Sep 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message