Re: On_Logon builtin (Forms 4.5)

From: Craig Harper <caharper_at_hooked.net>
Date: 1995/09/20

Craig Harper <caharper_at_hooked.net> wrote:
>I am seeking suggestions on how to create a logon box. I am wondering if
>it is possible to use the built-in logon functions in an application
>where the password is a record in the table.
>
>The users of our application will not have an Oracle or System password
>or privliges, they will have a password that they choose. This Password
>will be for the application only and the value of the password will be
>stored in the database. I am trying to build a screen that lets them
>enter their ID and PASSWORD

              Sorry I hit the send button early.

then hit the connect button which then validates the data with that in the table.

Am I going about this all wrong? Is their a better way to do this? How should I validate the data, can I use the Validate built-in? Lastly, is there a way to encrypt the Password record in the table?

any and all suggestions, comments, or tips welcome.

Craig Harper
IFTN Received on Wed Sep 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message