HELP!!!! INDEXES and SQL Loader

From: Rajasekaran Rangarajan <raj_at_cs.clemson.edu>
Date: 1995/09/19

Hi,

        We are having some bad performance problems on some of the views and
were wondering if it had anything to do with the sqlloader. We run nightly
updates to our oracle tables using sqlloader. Someone mentioned that if you
load more than 10% of the tablespace(which we do) using sqlloader then the
indexes get fragmented and you would have to rebuild the indexes. Does anyone know if this is right? Any help would be appreciated. Please post
your replies here or send it to raj_at_cs.clemson.edu

Thanks Received on Tue Sep 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message