Re: Autocommit after 1000 transactions?

From: Stephen Turner <sturner_at_athena.mit.edu>
Date: 1995/09/19

>I am of the opinion that in PL/SQL Ver 2 and above, a transaction is committed
>as soon as the commit statement is executed, inside a PL/SQL block/procedure.
>
>Could someone enlighten me, if I'm wrong?

This is correct for any Oracle 7 app - by definition, a transaction begins with the first executable SQL statement and ends when a commit or rollback takes place. The commit or rollback may be explicit (COMMIT or ROLLBACK statement) or implicit (DDL statement). This is described in the Oracle 7 Server Concepts Manual, chapter 12.

Changed data is committed and visible to other sessions as soon as the commit is issued - i.e. not necessarily at the end of the program.

Steve Turner Received on Tue Sep 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message