HELP! Pro*C and UNIX signals.

From: Oliver Bock <oliver_at_zip.com.au>
Date: 1995/09/18

Pro*C: 1.6 (or better, that's what the manual says and I'm not on-line) Oracle: 7.1.6
Operating system: HP/UX

Oracle seems to be messing with my installed UNIX signal handlers, but I'm having trouble figuring out just how, I know that I stop receiving SIGCHLDs. I have a suspicion that Oracle might be using the sigset(2V) signal handling functions but none of this stuff seems to be documented.

The problems started after I started receiving alerts and using cursors.

This is really frustrating, ANY hints would be appreciated.

   Oliver Bock

oliver_at_zip.com.au

P.S. If you know of any way that I can check on an alert using a

     select (so I don't have to be continually polling) this would
     also be appreciated.