Response to : Survey of best bound data grid control...

From: <Mianigandria_at_outlook.net>
Date: 1995/09/17

Do not use any Bound Mode, the performace sucks!!!!!!!

True, using bound controls vastly simplifies programing, but nothing in life is free and the hit you take is at the performance level.

I swiched from bound controls to unbound controls in a project that involved searching a Oracle table that contained 30 million records.

In bound mode, the machine issuing the reqest was blocked for approx. 8 minutes. When I swiched to unbound mode, I increased my coding by over 40X but the same query executed in 2 seconds!!!!!!

The reason: Depending on the control you are using, it attempts to load all of the records, in unbound mode - you have control over how many records to load and under what conditions Received on Sun Sep 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message