Re: No CONNECT INTERNAL as root ?!

From: Matt Myers <mmyers_at_plano.net>
Date: 1995/09/17

In article <43eot5$cva_at_mail.boku.ac.at>, Gerald Klima <klima_at_donau.boku.ac.at> says:
>I just switched from ORACLE V7.0 to ORACLE V7.1 (HP-UX) and can't
>CONNECT INTERNAL as root (with SQL*DBA) anymore.
>
>'root' *is* a member of the 'dba' group and I am *not* accessing
>ORACLE via SQL*Net.
>
>Can someone help ?
>
>Gerald

Yep, know the problem well. Seems that Oracle was trying to plug a security hole. It sounds a little ridiculous that root, who can log in as anyone, should be prevented from connecting internal. Well, the answer to the problem, at least for now, is to set TWO_TASK=p:.

Matt Myers
Symmetry Consulting Received on Sun Sep 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message