Re: HELP ! How to "foramt mask" a display item

From: Sreedhar V. Lokam <sreedhar_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/09/16

sptong_at_singnet.com.sg (Tong Siew Pui) wrote:

>In Oracle Form 4.5, you could "format mask" a text item. However,
>there is no attribute properties for "format mask" for display item.

>How could I do that ?

>Example, how do I format a display item for a date field to the
>desired date format.

Hi !

You can format mask a date field by using the set_item _property built in function.

For example if you want to set the date format to be UK format for an item named 'purchased_date' then do the following :

        set_item_property('purchased_date', format_mask, 'dd/mm/yy');

This can used in an when-new-item-instance trigger or any other trigger relevant to ur to usage.

Sreedhar Lokam
e-mail : sreedhar_at_ix.netcom.com Received on Sat Sep 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message