Re: Pro*C and SCCS identification string

From: Murthy Jarugumilli <murthy_at_tcs.com>
Date: 1995/09/15

"Azeus Systems Ltd." <azeusgps_at_hk.net> wrote:
>I used Pro*C 2.0 on HPUX 10.0. I cannot compile a program with
>the version identification string like this:
>
>static char ident[]="_at_(#)source.c 1.1";
>
>Are there any solution on this problem? My program must have
>the string for version control using the UNIX what utility.
>
>My program compiled fine without ident[] declaration.

We have a similar environment here. RCS instead of SCCS, pro*C 2.0, HP-UX. I have a declaration like this in my .pc file:

static char rcsid_var[] = "_at_(#) $Header$"

and this worked fine. After I saw your mail, I simply changed my variable from rcsid_var to ident just like you quoted and it did not compile. I dont know the reason at this point, I'm going to look into it.

I suggest you try with a different variable name (it doesnt have to be ident anyway).

Hope this helps.

Murthy Jarugumilli.
murthy_at_tcs.com
TCSI. Received on Fri Sep 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message