Re: PO7 Under Windows 95 Networking

From: Bob King <rking_at_dfw.net>
Date: 1995/09/15

In article <437vau$2q8_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, jgreene_at_aol.com says...

I had a good experience with PO7/win95 and sqlnet/tcpip 1. At work, we have Oracle 7.1.3.2 on AXP/VMS and us Oracle Nameserver. SQL*NET

   2.1/tcpip is the dominant networking setup. 2. I have windows 95 on my home pc and dial into a NT 3.5(1?) RAS server and

   establish tcp/ip link .
3. I installed po7/win95 and copied my sqlnet.ora file from my server (which has the nameserver addresses) to the appropriate local directory. 4. Success! - I could open local stuff and under database connections, open tables on the server.
5. Using the stuff in the readme files - I then install Oracle Power Objects and was able to see the new win95 oracle db and the remote ones.

It took about 1 hour to configure all this, (after the installation).

--
Bob King - rking_at_dfw.net
business ph. - (817) 551-8223