Re: Getting NEXTVAL just prior to a COMMIT

From: Gordon E. Hooker <gordonh_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1995/09/14

Craig Harper <caharper_at_hooked.net> wrote:

>Scott,

>Thanks for the tip, unfortunatly we do care about losing the numbers. We
>are going to use them both internally and externally.

>ie. Your account number is 12345676,

>That is why we would rather keep as many numbers as possible. barring
>some one closing their account.

Maybe you would be better off maintaining a table of numbers rather than a sequence. The way I read the doco, Oracle say you will get unique numbers not necessarily serialised numbers.

Gordon Hooker MACS PCP                                     ,--_|\
25 Clarke Street, Ripley, Queensland, 4306, Australia     /      \
gordonh_at_acslink.net.au                                    \_.--._/
mobile: 018883835 phone: 61-7-2889716                           V
It is far better to remain silent and appear a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt... Received on Thu Sep 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message