Re: DBMS_JOB Package

From: Michael P. Vergara <mvergara_at_sctcorp.com>
Date: 1995/09/13

In article <4369v0$924_at_fnord.dfw.net>, rking_at_dfw.net (Bob King) says:

>Currently the only documentation we can find is in the dbmsjob.sql file - in
>ORA_RDBMS under VMS, and I think under /rdbms/admin in Unix. In our
>environment, (Oracle 7.1.3 on VMS), to make the jobs run, we have to replace
>the snapshot_ init.ora parameters with the job_ ones. If you create snapshots.
>they still work and show up as a snapshot type of job. We have used several
>jobs and so far, so good.
>--
>Bob King - rking_at_dfw.net
>business ph. - (817) 551-8223

I created a simple procedure...

SQL>
SQL> set echo on
SQL>
SQL> _at_myproc
SQL> create or replace procedure myproc (comment in varchar2) as
  2 begin
  3 insert into jobtest values (comment,sysdate);   4 end myproc;
  5 /

Procedure created.

SQL>
SQL> desc jobtest

 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 TEXT                                     VARCHAR2(30)
 TIMESTAMP                                DATE

SQL>
SQL> _at_myjob
SQL> set serveroutput on
SQL>

SQL>
SQL> declare
  2 jobno number;
  3 begin
  4 jobno := 0;
  5 dbms_job.submit( jobno, 'MYPROC(''Test from dbms_job'')', sysdate, sysdate+1);   6 end;
  7 /
declare
 *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00904: invalid column name
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_JOB", line 46
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_JOB", line 115
ORA-06512: at line 5

SQL>

SQL>
SQL> spool off

...and as is apparent I got nuked. I have checked for the views created in CATJOBQ.sql, and they're all there. I have set all appropriate permissions, and I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks to everyone to has got me this far!

Mike Received on Wed Sep 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message