Re: Dead Clients with SQL*Net and TCP/IP

From: Sanjay <sanjayk_at_gol.com>
Date: 1995/09/12

On a slightly related subject, would welcome any help on a connectivity problem that I have had recently.

We have a need to connect Oracle 6 clients on VAX-VMS 5.5-2 to a Oracle 7.0.15 Server on NT 3.5.

This is using SQL*NET 1.0 (on VMS side) running on TCP-IP (UCX on VMS).

While the TCP-IP level connection works quite well between VMS and NT; and so does a TCP-IP level connection between Oralce Server on NT and Oracle client on NT (SQL*Plus),
the connection at SQL*Net level between the VMS client (SQL*Plus) fails, with the error ---
NETTCP-6136 - Error during hand-shake.

Shall appreciate any info.

Thanks Received on Tue Sep 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message