Oracle_XA/Tuxedo Sun Platform Dependency FLAME

From: Mark I. Gross <mig_at_crl.com>
Date: 1995/09/12

We're using the IMC Tuxedo product in conjuntion with Oracle XA. The development box is a Sun Sparc 20 MP (dual processing) unit. The target platform is a Sun Sparc 2000. We've been trying to deliver to test for nearly 2 weeks. The problem is that executables which are compiled and tested on the Sparc 20 can not be taken and run on the Sparc 2000. How's this for Open Systems? Have narrowed the problem down to Oracle XA. It has been reporting errors from the beginning. I can build Tuxedo clients and servers and run on both platforms without problems. When XA enters into the picture things begin to break. Wonder if the same developers who are responsible for the abomination which Oracle made of their "self-referencing" archive libraries had a hand in the XA product line. If anyone has seen this problem and resolved it (without building on the Sparc 2000) I would be forever greatful. It seems that XA has made some architecture dependent calls which is causing this problem. Please respond via E-mail to:

mig_at_crl.com

Thanks in advance,

Mark Gross Received on Tue Sep 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message