Reports & "Uncompiled Procedures" error

From: DPTwisted <dptwisted_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/09/11

I'm having a problem with Reports 2.0 (running under Solaris 2.4...don't say "I told you so"). I create some temporary tables in the post-form trigger, populate them, and then display them in the report (for whatever reason, this is *much* faster than direct queries), then blow them away in the post-report trigger. The problem I'm having is that Reports is checking for the existence of the tables at *load* time, not at
*execution* time, so it complains and leaves things uncompiled.

The workaround I came up with was not to blow the tables away, but keep them around (we have disk space problems, so this isn't a good solution). Now, though, if I try to run it normally, it still complains about uncompiled code because it's looking for these tables *before login time*.  No user/password, no legal tables.

The workaround for *that* was to set up a script file to get the username and password, then put those on the command line. This works. The problem is that if you do a "ps -ef", you will see "r20runm module
*username/password*". So much for database security.

Anybody out there see problems like this? Any ideas about fixes? I haven't gone through ORACLE yet (if you've ever sat through their phone menu, you'll know why).

  • Rick MacKinnon, Forms Junkie