Re: How to reorg a table?

From: <dbvision_at_inet.uni-c.dk>
Date: 1995/09/11

> scarrola_at_mailsrvr.bussvc.wisc.edu (Steve Carrola) writes:
> In databases like DB2, you can reorganize a table so that the physical
> file is placed in sorted order by the primary key. This usually increases
> performance. Does the export/import of a table take care of this?
>
> If so, is there another way to do this without an export/import? with
> the table on-line?
>
> Also, is there a query sample that someone has to tell you how
> disorganized the table is?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve Carrola Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison
> scarrola_at_mailsrvr.bussvc.wisc.edu Business Services

As an aswer to your second quistion: Yes. If you you use Table Space Manager from Bradmark, you can see how disorganized your table is, but to reorganize you have to do an export/import or find a tool .

Table Space Manager shows you where the physical files are plased. All files connected to a Table will be highlighted. TBS is one of several products from Bradmark. If you are interested in a trialkit, please mail me.

Tore Johannesen
DBVision
Gl. Kongevej 47B
DK-1610 Kobenhavn V Received on Mon Sep 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message