Re: Question: Did we made a mistake in choosing Oracle?

From: Pratul.Sharma <appy_at_churchill>
Date: 1995/09/11

In article <42n884$jn7_at_its.hooked.net> Craig Harper <caharper_at_hooked.net> writes:
>sophistry_at_aol.com (Sophistry) wrote:
>>Dear Oracle users:

I'll second that. I once had a problem while upgrading from 7.1.2 to 7.1.4 and the DB would not start. I called them up (We have bronze support) and when I told them that the system was down and I needed help, they worked with me non stop, till they fixed the problem (which turned out to be an OS problem, not oracle). They had two groups, networking and RDBMS working on the problem. Also this was on friday night and saturday, way out of the support hours for bronze.
Another thing I like about Oracle support is the FAXBACK feature. They have quite a good library of notes on different problems/bugs that you can get yourself and fix the problem. I have used it a couple of times and found them quite useful.

Pratul
DBA
AT&T (GIS) Columbia SC
appy_at_churchill.columbiaSC.ATTGIS.COM