Re: Getting NEXTVAL just prior to a COMMIT

From: Gordon E. Hooker <gordonh_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1995/09/10

Craig Harper <caharper_at_hooked.net> wrote:

A PRE-COMMIT trigger should do the trick...

>We are looking for suggestions on how to assign an ID number based on the
>NEXTVAL of a sequence generator, after all the other fields of the table
>have been filled in.

>The data will be entered through forms 4.5, I know that we can control
>the navigation, thus enabling us to enter the data for the other fields
>befor getting the nextval, but what trigger, or combo of triggers, would
>I use to perform this feat of magic. I can set it up so that I start with
>a when_button_pressed trigger, but then what?

>If anyone could point us in the right direction, Well thanks in advance,
>and many blessing to you and yours.

>Craig Harper

Gordon Hooker MACS PCP                                     ,--_|\
25 Clarke Street, Ripley, Queensland, 4306, Australia     /      \
gordonh_at_acslink.net.au                                    \_.--._/
mobile: 018883835 phone: 61-7-2889716                           V
It is far better to remain silent and appear a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt... Received on Sun Sep 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message