Re: Oracle7.2 for Win95 Beta install problem

From: Jgreene <jgreene_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/09/09

"Jeffrey B. Jones" <jeffj_at_pgh.nauticom.net> writes

> I downloaded the Beta version of Oracle 7.2 for Win95 and I
> can't get it installed. The Orainst application installed fine
> but others give me errors such as:
> "plus32.vrf(0):FILE_NOT_FOUND" and
> "doc10.vrf(0):FILE_NOT_FOUND" and others. Anyone know how to
> fix this? I didn't see any bulletins on this problem. Any help
> would be appreciated.

I had the same problem. The web page is not exactly clear about this (and it also does not warn you that you are about to download 17.5 MB worth of data), but you needed to at least look at, if not download, the batch file that is up there on that web page. If you look at it, you will find that you need to run the self-extracting executable for Personal Oracle 7 with the option that preserves directory structures:

po7w95.exe -d

Kind of annoying, eh? Anyway, once I did this it placed the extracted software in an Oracle hierarchy and then when I ran the installer it was able to find all of the components. Hope this helps. Received on Sat Sep 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message