Re: ODBC Problems with Oracle 7 AND Visual Basic

From: <sanctus2_at_annex.com>
Date: 1995/09/09

Peter Tyers (p.tyers_at_trl.oz.au) wrote:

: Stefan Fallet <stfallet_at_herrenberg.netsurf.de> wrote:

: >I'm having problems connecting via ODBC (Oracle or Intersolve) to an
: >ORACLE 7 Database out of Visual Basic. The problem only occures if two
: >users have tables with the same name. In this case Visual Basic tries to
: >access the first table.
: >
: >Example:
: >
: >Users PROD1 and PROD2 have both a table by the name MYTABLE. If I try
: >accessing MYTABLE from PROD2 I get the errormessage: error accessing
: >PROD1.MYTABLE. If I try accessing MYTABLE from user PPROD1 it works.
: >
: >
: >Any Solutions
: >
: > Stefan
: >
: >

Abandon Microsoft JET engine (for many reasons) and use INTESOLV's Data Direct.
	Jack Schwartz
	sanctus2_at_annex.com