Re: Export table to comma delimited file?

From: Mark Clark <mc_at_pst.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1995/09/08

>Is there a simple way to export an Oracle 7 table to a comma delimited
>ASCII file? I need to transport data from Oracle on a UNIX system to
>FoxPro on a PC. SQL*Loader allows me to import data in this format but
>I can't seem to find a way to export in this format short of having to
>specify every field and use concat with a select statement or writing
>an embedded SQL C program.

Yes indeed there is ;-

spool filename
select column1 ||','|| column2 ||','|| column3 etc.. spoo off

This will provide you with a comma delimted file with the columns you require in it. I've not tested it but have used similar methods many times before.

Rgds Mark Received on Fri Sep 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message