Re: Help: PRO*C and GNU-gcc compiler

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: 1995/09/08

In article <42h7n4$dtu_at_rzsun02.rrz.uni-hamburg.de>, heymann_at_rzdspc2.informatik.uni-hamburg.de (Andreas Heymann) wrote:

> Hello Netters,
>
> we are using Oracle 7.1.3 and Pro*C 2.0 under SUNOS 4.1.4 or Solaris 2.3.
>
> The question is: Is it possible to use Pro*C (or OCI) in combination with
> more than one C-compiler, e.g. cc, acc, gcc (GNU) and perhaps c++,
> (simultaniously) in the same installation?
[clip]

I have Oracle 7.1.6 on Solaris 2.3. I have used gcc without problems on Pro*C programs, although I think I had trouble using the GNU ld, and had to use the bundled Solaris ld instead. Relinking the Oracle server on this platform/version does not actually require a compiler, just an assembler and linker.

--
Peter Sylvester
MITRE Corp.