Re: Use of MTS on Unix Boxes -

From: Bobby S. Mukundan <bobby_at_sdt.com>
Date: 1995/09/08

rking_at_dfw.net (Bob King) wrote:
>When using MTS on a Unix box, will the local connections be routed >through the mts servers, so that there is no longer a one-to-on=
e >correspondence with logins and shadow processes?

I have an Instance configured for MTS on a Unix box (Sequent/DYNIX).

I have noticed that local connections in which the service name (which is set up in tnsnames.ora) is not specified connects using a dedicated server process. i.e. sqlplus /

However when I specify the service name - sqlplus /_at_<service name>, I connect via a shared server.

FYI-You can query V$SESSION to determine the type of connection any user has obtained.

-Bobby S. Mukundan Received on Fri Sep 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message