Re: WOW error dblogon()

From: Magnus Lonnroth <mlonnrot_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/09/08

park_at_crl.com (Park Espenshade) wrote:

>Hi,

>I am getting the error Wow Error dblogon(): orlon() returns 12154d when I
>try to run the PL/SQL package showemp. I changed the WOW_UID in
>wowstub.h to "scott/tiger" as well as in the wow file. I set the
>TWO_TASK variable to NONE. Oracle and the Web server are on the same
>machine, so I shouldn't need SQL*Net. I am running O7.1.6 on Sun OS
>4.1.3 against NCSA 1.3.

>I am assuming that I can try to pass the parameters when I POST, but
>won't the defaults in the wow file overwrite them?

>Thanks in advance for any assistance.

>park

TWO_TASK should not be "NONE", it should be removed completely when running against a local database. You must also add ORACLE_SID. So if your local database instance is WWW, replace the line with TWO_TASK with "setenv ORACLE_SID WWW". The "wow" shellscript does different things depending on whether the variable DEBUG is set to "NONE", "POST", or "GET". If it is "NONE", wow will function normally, that is, it will pick up your input items from html forms and pass them on to the pl/sql procedure entered as part of the url. Set DEBUG to "POST" or "GET" when you want to test the wow script interactively from the command line.

To reduce load on your machine you may also replace the call to "./wowstub ..." with "exec ./wowstub ...".

--

Magnus Lonnroth
Senior Product Manager